Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules - Should they change

3 posters

Go down

Rules - Should they change Empty Rules - Should they change

Post  [AHE] Paul Sun 12 Apr 2009, 5:11 pm

Currently the rules are that you get unbanned after 3 days and after you have used up your 2nd chance and get banned again you have to apply to be unbanned. Well! I experienced today after unbanning someone that they use their 2nd chance to come on and abuse you. I know not everybody does that but maybe we should reconsider that rule. Maybe we should be a bit tougher and when people are banned they simply have to apply to be unbanned. What do you think?? Also some people don't deserve a 2nd chance after they abuse you in a very determined way and are really offensive with their language. I think there should be some people that are banned instantly without warning. lets hear what other members think.

[AHE] Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rules - Should they change Empty Re: Rules - Should they change

Post  [AHE] E_1_5 Mon 13 Apr 2009, 3:28 pm

Most good servers have autoban for some offences or a combination of offences (e.g aggressive swearing or determined abuse). I don't see why we shouldn't too. If we auto-ban instead of kicking, people can apply to get unbanned. Although on the other hand some offences aren't worth banning for such as not following requests. So maybe some guidelines on what is autoban should be drafted??
Tell me what u guys think.
[AHE] E_1_5

[AHE] E_1_5
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Rules - Should they change Empty Unbanning - Should we Change Rules

Post  [AHE] Jelly Mon 13 Apr 2009, 5:18 pm

I think we should autoban for agressive or abusive behaviour especially towards admins like E_1_5 suggested. I also think that we should not ban for AFK or High Ping only kick.

[AHE] Jelly
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Apr 2009, 3:01 am

hey guys i agree there
i think theres a program Called SAPP

to when u tk some 1 3 times i get banned
same thing with ping u get kiked for that
but with the tk limit u can probz put it up to 5 ?

so wat u guys think

Regards,
King

Back to top Go down

Post  [AHE] E_1_5 Mon 04 May 2009, 1:52 pm

I have raised this in the first "Dragon" topic but there's actually a feature in the rcon that can auto unban ppl called ban penalty. U can set the length of 4 bans and the 5th is permanent e.g secs then mins then hrs then days then forever.
For Paul's benefit, it has to be set up in the init.txt file. Though u might want to check up on how exactly to do it. I only have a rough idea.

[AHE] E_1_5
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down